Thursday, November 19, 2015

Month 10 Update

It's been a long 9 plus months...

...taking countless herbs and supplements
...giving up food I really loved  for food I really don't like
...of having days and weeks where I was feeling so bad I 
  couldn't get out of bed and a few times thinking that it would be ok if I simply wouldn't wake up.
...many days of wondering whether there would be a day where I would feel good again
...or if I would ever have enough energy to make it to the grocery store and back.
...or if I'd have enough  energy to care about anything except getting through the day. 

Little by little each month has brought a little progress and healing.
I'm happy to report that I'm having a lot of days where I actually feel good.
Not just better, not just "like my old self", 
but GOOD...
Many of my days I actually feel good inside.
A photo from my other blog



Oh, I still have symptoms and get tired, then get a little dizzy, then I have to sit down. I've had some days where I just felt ok. I even had a week when I had to take antibiotics for an infection where I didn't feel great (ok, it was last week). The antibiotics made me herx and I realized I may still have some bugs in there. It's taken me this long to figure out that I need to detox when I feel a herx coming on and I'm glad I have a sauna to help me do that. 

The bad part about feeling better is that  all the organizing around the house for the past year has gone by the wayside and now I'm seeing all of it.  Kind of like when you've had the flu for 5 days and you finally get better and you notice the house is a wreck. Now picture not feeling well and not caring for a whole year!
We've kept the house tidy thanks to my husband, but deep cleaning and organizing of the kitchen pantry, drawers, etc are a mess.

Now that I have more energy, I've been clearing out and organizing. Yesterday, I cleaned out and organized the pantry. Yay! It took me at least 3 or 4 hours and I was tired when I finished.



If you are in the same place that I was many months ago,
I'm telling you that you will feel better, but it's going to take time.
Just put one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. Keep eating good food, keep on taking your supplements, keep detoxing.
On days where you feel bad, just tell yourself "this is only a bad day, I'm going to get better". Don't despair. Keep trying.
One day, you'll wake up and say to yourself.
I feel pretty good today. 

Hope today is a good day for you

Pam


Treatment:
I'm taking the full Restore Program supplements
taking magnesium, Co Q 10, vitamin d3, k2, lion's mane mushroom, fish oil and several other supplements.
I have a (mostly) kale, banana, berry smoothie every morning. 
I get exercise working in our yard (have you seen my yard?)
I get in my far infrared sauna every other day for 30-35 minutes at 125 degrees


Here are my symptoms as of today: (the list is getting shorter!)
I feel good and symptoms are a minor annoyance
fatigue -it's about a 3  Some days it's only a 2 :)
Numbness, tingling in feet are starting to get better
swollen pads on bottom of feet near toes- sometimes it's very minimal
dizziness- only when really tired
difficulty finding words  about a 2 when really tired
blurry eyes - a few days clear, then a few days blurry
urgency  (3) - still a problem
light sensitivity (negligible)
noise sensitivity (3)
startles easily (2)
muscle pain -2
muscle weakness (3)
tremors - only when exposed to constant loud noises, but it's minor
high pitch ringing in the ears/low pitch ringing - 
not being able to follow directions (2-3) -comes and goes
98 +  
Weight is still the same- Have lost about 30 pounds since December

No comments:

Post a Comment