Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Vital Plan Supplements Review


UPDATE: I no longer recommend the Mitochondrial Support Formula because it has Alpha Lipoic Acid in it. Alpha Lipoic Acid is a heavy metal chelator and could move metals into the brain if you have mercury toxicity from amalgam/silver fillings, vaccines, from your mother, or from other mercury exposure).

On Monday I told you how my month went and today I thought I'd let you know how some other formulations from Vital Plan worked for me. Dr. Rawls sent me a bottle of each of the following without cost to try, so I'm passing on my experience.




First off,  all Vital Plan supplements are made with quality ingredients. From the website:

      "Our extensive quality control measures are documented on the website. Every ingredient in our supplements has a certificate of analysis, a third party assay defining purity and potency. Whenever possible, we use patented grade extracts, the highest grade possible. We work closely with only one manufacturer, a GMP approved facility. Each batch of product is tested three different times during the manufacturing process. Yes, we are very picky about quality. We would never offer anything to the public that we would not feel very comfortable taking ourselves (and we do, everyday!)."

I tried HPA Balance first. The website lists that it helps the following:





  • Stress - Reset to a more relaxed state of mind
  • Lack of energy - Increase & maintain natural energy levels
  • Sleeplessness - Improve sleep quality
  • Mood Swings - Normalize moods
  • Weight gain - Reduce sugar and carbohydrate cravings

Lack of energy is the only problem I have of the symptoms above. I took  HPA Balance as directed for 3 days. The first day I took it, my daughter drove me to my sauna appointment about a half hour away and I was very calm in the car. Being in the car when someone else is driving is very stressful for me and I recall not being stressed at all the whole way there. The 2nd and 3rd days that I took HPA Balance were spent at home as I  was very tired and sleepy. For me, this would be a good supplement to take if I were traveling, but if you  have stress, mood swings or weight gain, it might help you with your daily routine.

Krill Oil Plus is described on the Vital Plan website as a "highly-absorbable omega-3 supplement that includes powerful antioxidant support for optimal heart heath". I currently take another quality omega-3 supplement. It took me awhile to find an omega-3 that I didn't burp up a fishy taste (sorry) for several hours after I took it, so I was a little hesitant to try it.  When I opened the bottle, there was a very strong odor and was worried about tasting fish the whole afternoon, but, thankfully that didn't happen. I think I will be making Krill Oil Plus my omega-3 supplement once I finish my other brand because the softgels are not as large and easier to swallow.
`
Which brings me to the most helpful formulations: Energy Boost and Joint Care. I've taken these 2 supplements the most the past 3 weeks.
Energy Boost has been really helpful to me since my biggest symptom is fatigue. I have muscle weakness and pain, but lack of energy is what keeps me from doing what I need to do. 
According to the website, Energy Boost helps you

  • Feel more alert - without caffeine or sugar
  • Have more energy - and enhance athletic performance
  • Reduce fatigue - and increase physical stamina
  • Ease the effects of stress on your body
  • Achieve your ideal weight - by enhancing your metabolism

I take Energy Boost when I need to have the energy to do something such as gardening, doing a project or before we have our Young Marrieds group over from church.  The bottle says to take 2 capsules, but I've only taken 1 at a time.

Joint Care is the last formulation that I tried. The Vital Plan Website says that it will help:

  • Experience joint comfort - with natural anti-inflammatory support
  • Nourish the joint matrix - supports increased flexibility
  • Reduce flare-ups - decrease inflammation in the body
  • Increase mobility - cushion & lubricate joints

Many people with lyme have really bad joint pain with swelling. I'm not one of them, but I do have pain and stiffness in my neck and sometimes in my shoulder and back. It's not enough to keep me from doing anything and I've gotten used to it, so I don't notice it much; I just deal with it. 
My neck has been better since I've been taking it, but it could be that I'm just getting better from the herbs in the Restore program. I have noticed that when I take Joint Care I have less muscle pain. The formulation has the following in it:

  •  Turmeric - contains potent anti-inflammatory properties
  •  Devil’s Claw - traditionally used as a tonic for joints
  •  Boswellia - contains potent anti-inflammatory properties
  •  Sea Cucumber - helps joint tissues remain hydrated for reduced friction
  •  Glucosamine - contains cartilage boosting properties
  •  MSM - contains potent immune enhancing properties
  •  Bromelain - reduces swelling & muscle soreness after exercise
  •  Enzyme Blend ensures optimal absorption of nutrients


I was pretty impressed at how these supplements helped me in my daily routine. It's nice to have a little extra help while I'm getting well.

UPDATE: I no longer recommend the Mitochondrial Support Formula because it has Alpha Lipoic Acid in it. Alpha Lipoic Acid is a heavy metal chelator and could move metals into the brain if you have mercury toxicity from amalgam/silver fillings, vaccines, from your mother, or from other mercury exposure).

I hope today is a good day for you,

Pam

5 comments:

  1. Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and
    found that it's truly informative. I'm going to
    watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
    A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is certainly a lot to find out about this issue.
    I love all of the points you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I originally commented I appear to have clicked
    on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not able to do that. I think you have to change it by clicking a link in the email you receive. Hope that works!

      Delete